The Program Management Unit
The mandate of PMU is:
- To facilitate, coordinate and monitor different activities of the project.
- To apprise different stakeholders of the project about implementation status throughout the project period.
- Identification of the bottlenecks through objective analysis of the data received from field formation.
- Suggesting remedial measures for effective implementation of the project as envisaged in PC-1
- Ensuring proper follow up of approved designs and technical parameters.
- Implementation of prescribed standards and specifications.
- Ensure timely provision of technical assistance to farmers as well as field staff.
- Site visits to monitor civil works, installation of High Efficiency Irrigation Systems / schemes and LASER units.
- Checking of rectifications in lieu of pointed out shortfalls.
- Ensure spot checks and physical verification / certification of executed works.
- Proper implementation of Time Bound Action Plan, formulated for each year.
- Monitoring of material / equipment rates.
- Proper follow up of procurement procedures
- Monitoring of utilization of funds.
- Checking of Water users Association material accounts.
Cost Sharing Mechanism
- Interactions with Water users Association for component-wise share contribution.
- Proper implementation of cost sharing mechanism.
Click on the image above to see a larger view.
Wings of PMU
The Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the Punjab Irrigated Agriculture Productivity Improvement Project is setup in the Chief Minister’s Secretariat. It has its head office located at 41-A Lawrence Road, Lahore and eight Regional Offices at each former divisional headquarter.
The PMU Punjab has the following five wings headed by directors and assisted by support staff.
Monitoring & Evaluation Wing
Management & Information Systems Wing
Regions of PMU
The PMU, PIPIP is administratively divided into eight regions. The regional PMU offices are located in the same cities as the ex-divisional headquarters. Here is the list of eight regional offices and their brief description.
||Dera Ghazi Khan Region